How to inspire a positive mood - In yourself and others
It’s hard to be on top form every day. But as a Leader it's your job to get yourself – and everyone around you – to that 10/10 feeling that is essential for top performance.
So if you feel your mood needs a lift, here's what to do.....actively, consciously break the pattern: don’t just sit there! Do something different to pro-actively lift your mood...
Ideas to get yourself to a 10...
- Rewrite your ToDo List
- Put the kettle on
- Have a fag
- Eat some chocolate
- Tell a joke
- Get momentum by doing an easy thing first
- Get momentum by doing a hard thing
- Go for a short walk
- Ask “What would the best manager in the world do right now?”
Ideas to get others to a 10...
- Compliment them (“...been meaning to mention how well you...” Then “How’s project X going?”)
- Involve them in problem definition
- Break the pattern (go outside, move to the canteen)
- Introduce a game or competition (“who can define the most options? and buy the winner lunch)
- Ask people to run five minute courses on their specialist topics.
Whatever you do, don't be boring!